Employers wanting to stay abreast of the rules, regulations and responsibilities of being a Federal Contractor should bookmark www.dol.gov/ofccp in their web browser. The OFCCP monitors their website and adds new links, helpful information and FAQ’s on a monthly basis.
For instance, here’s an excerpt from new posting regarding the FAQ’s for Section 503 of the Rehabilitation Act Notice of Proposed Rulemaking (NPRM).
“How does the NPRM propose to amend the Section 503 regulations?
The NPRM proposes a variety of changes to the Section 503 regulations. Some of these changes revise the nondiscrimination provisions to incorporate the requirements of the ADAAA. Others are designed to strengthen the affirmative action provisions by detailing actions contractors must take in the areas of recruitment, training, recordkeeping, and the dissemination of their affirmative action policies. The NPRM proposals:
- introducing a utilization goal for individuals with disabilities to assist in measuring the effectiveness of contractors’ affirmative action efforts;
- improve data collection pertaining to individuals with disabilities to create greater accountability for contractors;
- require contractors to invite individuals with a disability to voluntarily self-identify at the pre-offer and post-offer stages;
- require that contractors conduct regular anonymous surveys of their employees to provide an opportunity to self-identify for those who do not wish to do so during the hiring process;
- update how OFCCP compliance officers conduct evaluations of contractors; and
- address the increased use of technology in the workplace by providing for electronic posting of employee rights and contractor obligations.”
“Does OFCCP recommend additional data collection responsibilities in its NPRM?
The NPRM recommends that contractors collect and maintain several measurements and comparisons related to individuals with disabilities, including the:
- number of individuals with disabilities referred to them by One-Stop Career Centers or other appropriate employment delivery system(s);
- number of individuals with disabilities referred to them by other entities, groups or organizations with which the contractor has a linkage agreement;
- number of individuals with disabilities that applied for positions with the contractor; and
- number of individuals with disabilities hired by the contractor.”
Read more about Section 503 FAQ’s here: http://www.dol.gov/ofccp/regs/compliance/faqs/Section503_NPRM_faq.htm#Q9