On July 18th Dao Nguyen and Michael Pati presented the webinar VETS-4212, which covered important basics about the annual reporting required by the Veterans’ Employment and Training Service (VETS) Office. Below are some of the key highlights:
Who must file: All federal contractors and subcontractors who have a federal contract or subcontract of $150,000 or more entered into or modified after October 1, 2015. It is important to note that there is no threshold for the number of employees.
When to file: The VETS-4212 online reporting application is scheduled to open on August 1st and the deadline to file is on September 30, 2018.
Reporting Period: For this filing period, contractors may select:
- any payroll period ending between July 1 and August 31, 2018; or
- December 31, 2017, for contractors who received approval to use that date for purposes of filing their EEO-1 report(s).
In addition, contractors must also report new hires that occurred during the 12-month period immediately preceding the selected snapshot date (https://www.dol.gov/vets/contractor/main.htm#14).
- Total number of employees and new hires by job EEO category and hiring location;
- Numbers of employees and new hires who identified as being a protected veteran
- Address of each hiring location
- Other company identifying information such as VETS Company Number (for returning filers only), NAICS, Dun and Bradstreet, and Federal Employer/Tax ID.
How to File:
- For first time filers, register at https://vets4212.dol.gov/vets4212/External/Registration
- For returning filers, new passwords may be obtained at https://vets4212.dol.gov/vets4212/Account/ResetPassword, and will need to be reset every 60 days.
- Options to file: Reporting may be completed by Manual Input or Batch Filing in the VETS Online Filing System; or by completing the downloadable 2018 Fillable Form (https://www.dol.gov/vets/programs/fcp/vets-4212_rev_2018.pdf) and submitting via email to VETS4212email@example.com.
A recorded version of the webinar, which includes the live demonstration of creating pivot tables for the VETS-4212, is available to our Platinum members.
To log in and access this and other past webinars, or to learn more about the benefits of becoming a member, please visit BCGi’s website. You may contact us via email firstname.lastname@example.org or call (800) 999-0438 for any questions.
Contributing author: Michael Pati, Practice Manager, Silicon Valley at Biddle Consulting Group, Inc.