Industry thought leaders and subject matter experts will be presenting at the BCGi Summit: Striving for Diversity: Sure It’s Required…But It’s The Right Thing To Do! We’d like to introduce you to our speakers.
Session Title: Artificial Intelligence: An Introduction for HR Compliance, Diversity, and Inclusion
Artificial Intelligence (AI) is quickly embedding itself in our lives and will be a seamless part of our future. For example, AI is the underlying technology behind facial recognition, self-driving cars, resume reviews, and employment interviews, etc. While it holds tremendous opportunity for federal contractors, it is often misunderstood.
The goal of this presentation is three-folds:
- Provide an explanation of what AI is.
- Discuss the breadth and depth of some the applications that AI offers and promises.
- Provide a sobering view of AI’s implication on compliance as it relates to diversity, legal risk exposure, and discrimination.
First, this presentation will primarily focus on the basic AI technological framework that participants need to understand to be informed consumers of this technology. Contractors need to understand its true ability and limitations. Second, this presentation will detail some of the most important applications of AI for federal contractors, e.g., recruitment, employment selection, talent management. The possibilities are endless, and the potential reward makes AI irresistible to federal contractors. Third, in practice, AI can have tremendous influence on workforce diversity, utilization, and compliance.
The enthusiasm for AI has largely ignored its potential down-side:
- AI methods tend to result in discrimination outcomes,
- AI methods tend to stall, if not lower, diversity, and
- AI methods are nearly impossible to defend in a legal action.
As one of the nation’s top compensation experts, each year Dr. Dan Kuang analyzes millions of job titles and oversees compensation projects for hundreds of organizations. Dan is known for his relaxed, friendly style and his ability to explain even the most complicated statistical outcomes. He has years of experience developing and validating tests for personnel selection and performance assessment, as well as evaluating and challenging employment practices, procedures, and tests for litigation support. His expertise in applied statistics is firmly grounded by years of high-stakes educational testing and medical health research. Dan’s primary responsibility at Biddle is to apply his expertise in Title VII class action litigation matters and proactive/reactive investigations, ensure compliance with Federal regulations, and respond to external legal challenges. Dan currently serves on the California Equal Pay Taskforce Technical advisory committee member to California governor and senate on implementation and enforcement of SB-358 (CA Fair-Pay Act).
Prior to joining Biddle, Dan taught at both Portland State University and Marymount University. Dan stays close to academia with continued contributions to advancing the science of adverse impact through research papers and presentations.
Michael Pati has over 20 years of experience as an AA/EEO Consultant. As Practice Manager of the Silicon Valley location of Biddle Consulting Group, he has supported hundreds of clients with the development of AAPs, including several current public and private higher educational institutions annually, OFCCP Compliance Reviews, and training for management and human resources staff. He has facilitated webinar presentations and onsite training sessions, has been a previous AAAED presenter, and is a former Co-Chair of the Silicon Valley Industry Liaison Group.
What’s Included (beyond the regular sessions):
- Meals: Breakfast (April 4 & 5, 2019) and lunch (April 4 only)
- Bonus #1: SPACE IS LIMITED. Schedule a 30-minute one-on-one session with experts in Affirmative Action Planning, Compensation Analysis, Testing & Validation, or Diversity Strategies. Meetings will be the day prior to the conference (April 3, 2019).
- Bonus #2: Free registration for the pre-conference Foundations of AAP Development webinar to be held the week prior.
- Thursday Night Social Event Sponsored by Biddle
- Pre-conference: Wednesday, April 3
- Conference: Thursday, April 4 & Friday, April 5, 2019
- Where: Pier 1, Bay 1, San Francisco, CA 94111
- Registration Fee:
- $695 – Conference
- $245 – California Fair Pay Act Session (Pre-conference)
For more information visit, www.bcginstitute.org/event/summit2019