With all the talk and speculations surrounding the new EEO-1 filing this past year, it is easy to forget that the requirements for filing the VETS-4212 remains substantially unchanged. While the 2017 EEO-1 filing was moved to March 31, 2018, we all need to be reminded that the 2017 VETS-4212 filing is still due on or before September 30, 2017.
The database for the 2017 VETS filing does not officially open until August 1; however, starting July 1, Federal contractors and subcontractors with a government contract in the amount of $150,000 or more entered into or modified after October 1, 2015 can begin collecting employees and hires data.
As of selected ending pay period between July 1 and August 31, federal contractors and subcontractors will need to report by job EEO category and hiring location the following:
- number of employees in their workforce and those who are qualified protected veterans;
- total number of new hires made during the prior 12 months from the chosen pay period and the number of new hires who are qualified protected veterans; and
- maximum and minimum number of employees during the period covered by the report
A username and password (which expires every 60 days) will be required in order to file a report online (https://vets4212.dol.gov/vets4212/External/Registration).
- First time filers will need to register for an account by clicking the “Register” located on the top right hand side of the website or click here.
- Returning filers will need to reset their passwords by clicking on “Forgot your password” under the log in button or click here.
- It will ask for the point of contact’s (POC) email address.
- If the POC is no longer with the organization, the VETS Office will need to be contacted at 1-866-487-2365 to update the POC information.
For more information on filing the VETS-4212 reports, please visit the VETS website: https://www.dol.gov/vets/vets4212.htm or sign up for our FREE VETS-4212 webinar that will be presented through the Biddle Consulting Group Institute for Workforce Development (BCGi) on July 19, 2017 at 10:00am PST (1pm EST): https://register.gotowebinar.com/register/8566120652740070402.
If you have any questions, please give Biddle Consulting Group a call at (800) 999-0438.
Contributing Editor: Marife Ramos, Senior EEO/AA Consultant & Director of EEO/AA Operations, Biddle Consulting Group