Due to the recent government shutdown, the EEO-1 Reporting website remains closed for 2018 EEO-1 filing as of this writing. Despite the three weeks temporary re-opening of the government on Friday, January 25, 2018, it is still unknown when the website will open. While we can all expect that the filing deadline of March 31, 2019 will be extended, private employers and federal contractors are still encouraged to get a head start for the inevitable annual EEO-1 report filing.
Besides preparing your data for filing, here are few other things that you can still do while waiting for the website to open:
- Check if your company has to register for the first time: https://egov.eeoc.gov/eeo1/register
- Contact EEOC’s Survey Team for the following (for complete information visit https://egov.eeoc.gov/eeo1/contactSurveyteam):
- Company’s Contact has Changed: submit a request for change of contact on a company letterhead signed by the company’s authorized representative to EEO-1 Joint Reporting Committee at E1.TECHASSISTANCE@EEOC.GOV. Include the new contact’s name, title, phone number, and e-mail address.
- Acquisitions: send an email to E1.ACQUISITIONSMERGERS@EEOC.GOV. Include the names, addresses, and company number of both the acquired and acquiring companies.
- Mergers: send an email to E1.ACQUISITIONSMERGERS@EEOC.GOV. Include the names and company numbers of all companies affected by the mergers.
- Spin-Offs: send an email to E1.SPINOFFS@EEOC.GOV. Include the name, address, and company number of the current parent company and the establishment considered to be the new headquarters.
- Visit the Frequently Asked Questions if you have any question regarding EEO-1 filing: https://www.eeoc.gov/employers/eeo1survey/faq.cfm or send an e-mail to E1.TECHASSISTANCE@EEOC.GOV
- View the company’s previous year’s EEO-1 reports (up to 10 years).
We might not be able to predict the exact date that the website will open or the exact date for the filing extension, but we can be certain that the data requirements will largely remain the same. Hence, please join us in our scheduled BCGi webinar discussing the EEO-1 Reporting filing and data requirements on January 31, 2019. To register for the webinar please click here.